Saturday, December 15, 2012

Algorithms

This evening was the Intro to Algorithms.  I have to admit, though I believe I'm good at math and enjoy discovering the mathematical solution to a complex problem, this is getting very interesting.  Though we were working on a simple year, month, day program.  Creating the loops, While statements and For statements seems understandable.  I just need to make sure I completely understand the code and how it's going to function properly in the order I set forth.

This evening lesson
13.1 - Intro to Algorithm Design
13.2 - Algorithm Design Part II
13.3 - Algorithm Design Part III
13.4 - Algorithm Design Part  IV

The quiz was pretty easy this time around.  It was only 2 True/False questions

I understand the lesson that I just completed but I really want to take a look at more complex algorithms and see exactly what other people are putting together.

I think it is very entertaining to watch the professor write three completely different looking programs that have the exact same output.  Obviously, I understand, the easiest and most efficient lines of code is the way to operate.  So, I need to make sure the codes I write are in the most simple form possible

Next lesson is Multi-Dimensional Arrays  (Looks like it's going to be an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment