Monday, December 3, 2012

Second Day of Reeducation

I'm not going to lie.  Though my second day of learning to write code, it's actually my first day of learning after a full day of work.  When I arrived home, I was somewhat drained but after dinner, I was ready to follow my normal routine and veg-out on the couch and watch TV.  I know overtime this will get easier as I get into a routine but I have a feeling it's really going to force me to crack down.

All bitching aside!!!  (please know: I'm really not bitching)  I understand I'm putting myself through this but there is a goal at hand and I will accomplish this goal.

I finished 2 more courses tonight and I feel I'm starting to understand the basics of programming.  The worst part is the fact that I really want to get my hands dirty and begin learning from my mistakes.  I'm that type of person who likes to be hands on, start working, make mistake, correct the mistake, and learn from what has been successful, what hasn't and why.  Well, I'm using my better judgement and taking this process slow and steady by learning the basics as thoroughly as I can.  That way, when the time comes, I wont have to return to my basic principles as much, while programming.  Hopefully!!!

I have to learn to be born before I can learn to walk.  (If that is the correct programmers thought process)

Anyways, about my second day of reeducation.

I completed and tested out of:
3.1 Including Statements
3.2 Programming languages working w/ data
3.3 Basic Concerns w/ Ram
3.4 Programs are Data

I was able to grasp the concepts pretty quickly but I think it's going to be the syntax that trips me up from language to language.

4.1 About Program Flow
4.2 Functions, Methods, Routines
4.3 Arguments and Return Values
4.4 Syntax and Function Values

I understand Program Flow is essential through the Instruction Pointer and what arguments are details in the function to the execution for the possible return value but I feel I will better understand it after putting a complete program together.

Like I said, I'm taking this slowly and I really want to make sure I'm extremely thorough and understand everything put in front of me.

I did find this very interesting game that allows me to learn functions and program flow.
Check it out --- Learning functions

No comments:

Post a Comment