Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 3: Wrote a Program

Well, day three down and I finally got a chance to write my first code in C language


#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
printf(“Hello World”);
return 0:
}

Though a small piece of code, I'm sure the challenge will become more and more difficult.  Though I was able to understand the process.  It's going to take some time to learn a language and the syntax.  I fell I'm up to the challenge.

This evenings Lessons 5.1 through 5.3 all walked me through the writing of the code above and explaining why items go.

I moved on to Lessons:
6.1 - Signed and Unsigned number
6.2 - Basics of numbers overflow 
6.3 - Basics of fractional numbers in binary
6.4 - Basics of Numeric data types in C

I feel I'm grasping the basics of signed and unsigned numbers but I' having a little confusion when it comes to fractional binary.  I'm sure I will completely understand the concept once I'm able to use the arithmetic on a basis but until then, I'm pretty lost.

I still have four more sections of lesson six but I stopped a little early tonight due to time constraints.  I want to maintain my consistent two lessons a night.  So, I'll likely finish up the remaining lessons tomorrow morning before I'm required to leave for work.  That way, I'm completely caught up and able to move on to my next two lesson tomorrow evening.

Anyways, the trek continues and I'm taking it slow and steady.  Today was a little easier than yesterday due to the fact I was off today.  Tomorrow is going to be the test.  I have a noon to 9pm schedule. Hence, the minute I get home, I'm going to have to hurry to prepare dinner and then get to crack'n.   

No comments:

Post a Comment