Sunday, December 9, 2012

Constantly Consistant

It's Sunday evening and we had quite the long day with my companies X-mas party.  I was actually thinking about taking the evening off from learning but my "Self-Control" app kicked in on my phone and let me know to get off my butt and getting to studying.  So, here I am.  Another course down.

Tonight's Course was Unit 10: Constants
10.1 - Intro to Constants
10.2 - Important Review and Clarification
10.3 - More About Strings and Constants
10.4 - A New Way to Visualize Memory
10.5 - Intro Character String as Array
10.6 - Using Pointers to Manipulate Character Arrays

Ok, let me at least start out by saying this Unit could have only have been 10.5 lessons long.  The lesson 10.2 - Review and Clarification should not have been in this Unit.  It was a 30 min lesson about things he had already explained over and over again.  The only information of use, was the fact that (\n starts a new line)/  Besides that, the lesson wasn't of much use.   Nor did it contain any information regarding constants.

Now, when it comes to constants.  I understand that they are saved in the "read only" area of the computer's RAM.  Also, it appears creating a pointer for an array of characters is extremely similar yet the set of rules/order of doing so, is quite different.

Overall, I was able to fully understand the content of the lessons.  Thus, allowing me to pass the post lesson quiz with flying colors.

As an added bonus, I was a to find a additional free training course which I might begin after I successfully complete these two courses.
http://howtostartprogramming.com/
Plus, I'm reading as much as I can when I'm not at the computer watching educational video courses.
Books Read: "How To Count"
                     "Learn To Code. Get Your Dream Job. Change Your Life"
                     "
Books to Read: "Programming for Dummies"
                         "Effective Programming: More Than Writing Code"
                         "Learn Programming: In Visual Basics 6.0"
                         "Learn To Program With Java"

If you have any "Must Read" programming books, please let me know.

Thanks and on to the next


No comments:

Post a Comment