Sunday, December 30, 2012

Beginning of Course 2

Course 1 is over and Course 2 has begun.  Course two did come with a bit of a warning or maybe just food for thought.  The statement was pretty simple: This is where the true learning will begin.

So, lesson 1 of Course 2 has come with somewhat of a huge information overload.

Here is the breakdown
1.1 Tic Tac Toe with AI
1.2 The need to initialize data
1.3 Intro Constructor function
1.4 Intro Pass-by-Reference and Pass-by-Value
1.5 Intro to Stack
1.6 Intro to Push and Pop
1.7 How a function Call works
1.8 How function return values work
1.9 Intro to Casts
1.10 A new way to understand memory and data types

The beginning of this lesson was a little misleading   When I saw "Tic Tac Toe with AI.  I was under the impression I would be creating a Tic Tac Toe program.  I was grossly mistaken,  because it was displaying the way to set up the grid.  Then the lesson moved on to initializing and rendering data for the game board and the initial stat of the constructor function.  At that point, the lesson moved and there wasn';t anymore connection to a Tic Tac Toe board.  I was able to easily grasp the concept of Pass-by-Reference and Pass-by-Value.  On the other hand, I did find the Stack unit extremely interesting and its ability to assist functions with communicating with other functions through Push and Pop.  I then learned how function Call works and how the function return value works.  At this point, it gets a little hazy.  I'm not sure if its information overload or I'm lacking practical application but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I was really looking forward to building a Tic Tac Toe game and playing

No comments:

Post a Comment